Our challenge is to raise £560,000 and why we must meet it
- The future of our whole operation is in jeopardy because the main barn that houses our stables and social area is nearing the end of its useful life. It is a matter of urgency that we act.
- There is no facility equal to ours within easy reach of the vast majority of our clients. We are committed to ensuring that our riders do not lose this opportunity we offer to take part in a mainstream sport with all the benefits it brings: – significant physical changes, greater confidence, more enjoyment, greater willingness and ability to communicate.
- “When my daughter started riding it was as if a light had been switched on inside of her,” writes the mother of one of our special needs riders.
- “Riding brings an opportunity for hands-on learning, real-life experience that aids language learning and increases their knowledge of the world, as well as the physical challenge and a sense of achievement which builds confidence. Our children face many challenges, and are not often seen by others as having particular abilities. Being recognised for their riding achievements is invaluable”. The Lighthouse Centre, Guildford Grove School.
- We are making an opportunity out of a necessity so that we can go on making a real difference to the lives of special needs riders. Architects have designed a brand new building to accommodate our immediate needs and see us into the future.
- The new facility will offer a significantly improved environment and experience for both our riders and volunteers to enjoy.
HOW CAN YOU HELP ?
- By Donating via our BT My Donate page
- Please send your donation by cheque made payable to ‘Cranleigh Riding for the Disabled Association Group’, and send to Cranleigh RDA Group, Casi’s Farm, Rowly Drive, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8PL, marked F.A.O. Liz Harrison.
- By running a fund raising event for us.
Stop Press – as of early June 2017 the project has started , demolition is underway and we have reached our original goal of £560k. But costs have risen since we set out on our journey: we now seek to raise just over £683k to complete the project. Please help us get there!